Saturday, October 9, 2010

Autumnfest Craft fair

Fall is one of the loveliest times to visit New England, and this weekends weather was perfect for Autumnfest in Bath, Maine. We were overwhelmed by the fantastic response to our booth, so grateful for all the kind words and many purchases. Half of our customers were local and the other half were on vacation enjoying the peak color.


As expected the owls where the hit of the day both the Hilarious Hoots and Little Hoot ornaments literally flew off my tables (not just because of the wind!). I'll be spending many nights stitching up new flocks before the holiday season is over.


Scentsational sachets were a new product I unveiled today. They're filled with a combination of Balsam and Lavendar. I hand stamped the images with Fair trade textile stamps from India. They're backed in bright cottons and embellished with wooden beads and felt leaves.


The owl version has a felt bead in an acorn cap, thanks to my husband Jon for drilling the acorn caps!


I had such great reactions to the seashore bracelet I made for Crafts n Things on-line newsletter that I whipped up a bunch for this sale, they quickly sold out!


After the successful library workshop these Mermaid and King Triton Kits have become a new staple in my fair inventory.


This much admired felt trio were a hit in the booth. Originally featured in this falls issue of Crafts n Things magazine, they're still in need of a good home!


The ponytail holders were a hit, I'll be replenishing this supply before the holiday fairs kick in!



Wire Beach Blooms with sea glass centers made great mementos for tourists to bring back home.


These new little wood fish feature spiraled wire hangers with glass beads. It's a little early for tree ornaments but we'll be working on several more editions with different brushstrokes. Lisa Marie would like a set for her store in Bath were hoping to add inventory to Penobscot Porch Swings in Brunswick as well.

I love single day local fairs, it's wonderful when friends stop by our booth. I make new connections and meet interesting vendors each time we set up. Tonight I'm completely relaxed, tomorrow I'll try to put the house back together before the work week begins. I've got a big book deadline this Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails